Type Hype Workshop working with typography is context to art and improving your designs.
Projects are typographically led, with broader discussions and explorations of letter forms for information design and for use within art. Students are introduced to the historical and social context of typography through working and appreciating the associations of type and lettering from a variety of sources.
Details of the Workshop:
Date: 14th & 15th December
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Charges: 4,000 per person
Venue: ArtBuzz Studios, Okhla Phase-II
Course Materials and Equipment:
- Pens, Markers, Pencils, Sketchbook/notebook, Digital camera (Smartphone is fine)
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator,
- Scissors & most importantly enthusiasm.
The workshops take place over two days with multiple practical assignments to commence an evaluated understanding of the importance of typography and it’s usage in a global context.
- Found Typography: Click photos of any 10 letters and/or numbers found by you in public/outdoor spaces. Digitally curate the most interesting forms you find and present digitally in the workshop.
- History/usage of Typography: We talk of scale and functional usage of typography in different formats, sizing and hierarchy in information design.
- Personality in Typography: Pick an adjective and select letterforms and use it to create a poster for an event.
- Portfolio Showcase: Showcase 3 to 5 best works of an artist you admire with their profile and images supported with typography and layouts. Create a 4-page layout/slide.
- Continue portfolio showcase and evaluate it in the session. Presentation on how to improve showcasing and connecting visuals with typography better.
Peer evaluation and hand out certificates.